The winter season start is coming and you expect your winter guests already after the summer break? But what do you need to consider to make your ski room ready for the start of the season? We’ll tell you in our ski room blog!
Here you will find the
that you must follow before your guests can use your ski room!
1. out with the summer equipment
If you converted your ski room into a bike room during the summer, now is the time to move. To make room for all winter equipment (ski & snowboard racks, pole holders, boot dryers, etc.), bike racks and the like have to go. Store your bike mounts neatly so you can use them again in top condition for next summer. After you have everything well stowed away, it’s time to winterize the ski room by getting all the winter gear out of storage and ready for use. Proper care of ski & snowboard racks and boot dryers is important to ensure everything is clean and well-maintained when your winter guests arrive.
This needs to be done:
- Dusting & Wiping – no one likes dust, especially on vacation. Make sure your guests don’t have to worry about dusty lockers, holders or benches.
- Does everything work? – be sure to check in advance that everything is in working order to ensure smooth operation in the ski room. The worst thing is wet, cold shoes from the day before. Therefore, in all cases test the shoe dryer for all functions, so that each shoe is also dried. Do locker locks need to be replaced? Was there a key change or is a code lock defective? Such things must not queue, because your guests, among other things. entrust their valuables to the lockers.
2. is it time for additions?
Think about whether you want to do everything have in your ski room what you need. Were you missing that certain something last season? Perhaps guests complained that there were not enough boot dryers available or that their skis were lost. Pay attention to your guests’ feedback. What did you observe last season? Stock up if necessary to give your guests the best possible ski room experience.
If you do want to upgrade your ski room, ask yourself the following questions:
- Was the equipment sufficient last season?
- Were there any requests or complaints from the guests?
- What else would you like to add to your ski room?
3. what can be considered when equipping the ski room?
When choosing the number of boot dryers, lockers and ski holders, pay attention to the maximum occupancy of the beds.
Basic equipment of a comfortable and functional ski room include:
- Ski & snowboard racks
- Shoe dryer
- Seating options
Depending on your needs, you can expand your ski room with, for example, glove dryer, helmet dryer, mirror and much more. There is no limit to your imagination.
At the start of the season it is important to make sure that all technical matters (switches, electricity, lighting, locker electronics) are working properly. Before starting, check that all switches are turned on and that heating, electronics, etc. are ready for use. In addition, we would recommend to check everything already now, so that there is still enough time for repairs or new acquisitions!
5. make your ski room homely!
Often ski rooms are very bare and uninviting. Then your guests will go from the cozy hotel to a bare, cold room, thus beginning and ending their day on the slopes.
! Do not forget: your guests stay in the ski room at least twice a day!
Therefore, our tip: Make your ski room as homely as possible.
No idea how? Here are our tips:
- Hang photos – whether of your hotel, ski-related images or of you as a host and the history of your hotel. Give the room a personal touch. This way, your guests will get a better sense of what your hotel stands for and remember it better.
- Saying on the wall – Do you or your team have a favorite saying or motto that you live by? Then off to the wall with it. Either hang as a picture or as an easily removable wall tattoo.
- Does the lighting fit? – Provide a warm, comforting light in your ski room instead of the cold, static white light.
- We offer you individual possibilities to design your lockers. Thanks to film application, the locker front can be designed as a picture!
With these 5 tips nothing stands in the way of the start of the season and you can start the winter carefree!
Greetings from Pfunds
Your team Regensburger!