The winter season start is coming and you expect your winter guests already after the summer break? But what do you have to consider to make your ski room ready for the start of the season? We tell you in our ski room blog!
Here you will find the 5 tipsthat you must follow before your guests can use your ski room!
1. out with the summer equipment
If you converted your ski room into a bike room in the summer, it's time to rearrange. To make room for all winter equipment (ski & snowboard racks, pole holders, boot dryers, etc.), bike racks and co. have to go. Stow away your bike racks neatly so you can use them again in top condition for next summer. After you have everything well stowed away, it's time to winterize the ski room by getting all winter gear out of storage and ready for use. Proper care of the ski & snowboard racks and boot dryers is important so that everything is also clean and neat when your winter guests arrive.
This needs to be done:
- Dusting & Wiping - Nobody likes dust, especially not on vacation. Make sure your guests don't have to worry about dusty lockers, holders or benches.
- Is everything working? - be sure to check in advance that everything is in working order to ensure smooth operation in the ski room. The worst thing is wet, cold boots from the day before. Therefore, in any case, test the boot dryers for all functions, so that each shoe is also dried. Do locker locks need to be changed? Was there a key change or is a code lock defective? Such things must not stand in line, since your guests, among other things entrust their valuables to the lockers.
2. is it time for additions?
Think about whether you have everything you have everything you need in your ski room. Were you missing that certain something last season? Maybe guests complained that there were not enough boot dryers available or that their skis got lost. Pay attention to the feedback of your guests. What did you observe last season? Stock up if necessary to give your guests the best possible ski room experience.
If you do want to upgrade your ski room, ask yourself the following questions:
- Was the equipment sufficient last season?
- Were there any requests or complaints from guests?
- What else would you like to add to your ski room?
3. what can be considered when equipping the ski room?
When choosing the number of boot dryers, lockers and ski holders, pay attention to the maximum occupancy of the beds.
Basic equipment of a comfortable and functional ski room include:
- Ski & snowboard racks
- Shoe dryer
- Seating options
Depending on your needs, you can expand your ski room with, for example, glove dryer, helmet dryer, mirror and much more. There is no limit to your imagination.
At the start of the season it is important to make sure that all technical matters (switches, power, lighting, locker electronics) are working properly. Before starting, check if all switches are turned on and if heating, electronics etc. are ready for use. Additionally, we would recommend to check everything already now, so that there is still enough time for repairs or new purchases!
5. make your ski room homely!
Often ski rooms are very bare and not inviting. Then your guests go from the cozy hotel to a bare, cold room, thus starting and ending their day on the slopes.
! Do not forget: your guests stay in the ski room at least twice a day!
Therefore, our tip: Make your ski room as homely as possible.
No idea how? Here are our tips:
- Hang photos - whether of your hotel, ski-related images or of you as a host and the history of your hotel. Give the room a personal touch. This way, your guests will get a better sense of what your hotel stands for and will remember it better.
- Saying on the wall - Do you or your team have a favorite saying or motto that you live by? Then put it on the wall. Either hang as a picture or as an easily removable wall tattoo.
- Is the lighting right? - Provide a warm, comforting light in your ski room instead of the cold, static white light.
- We offer you individual possibilities to design your lockers. Thanks to film application, the locker front can be designed as a picture!
With these 5 tips nothing stands in the way of the season opening and you can start the winter carefree!
Greetings from Pfunds
Your team Regensburger!